Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Inevitable Outcome

My mom made a very tough decision this weekend. My dad was given a 1% chance to live, and my mom decided that he would never want to live in the state he was in. He was moved to "comfort care only" and we are waiting for what we know must come. My dad has already been called home, and we just have to wait for his body to decide when he is ready.

This is the hardest thing my family has ever been through. We have had our moments, and certainly last night was not one of my proudest. I let anger get in the way of what both my mother and my father needed, and I almost missed out on the very spiritual experience of watching my brother give my dad a blessing of release. It's hard not to be angry at God for what has happened to my dad, but as my little brother said, Satan didn't cause this accident, but he is going to use it to drive us away from Heavenly Father.

It was also pointed out to us last night that Heavenly Father did not prevent this accident either. What that says to me is that this is my father's time to be called to a special mission in heaven, and this experience is all a part of God's plan for my dad.

Thank you for all of the notes on the blog - I read them everyday and they give my family strength. I know some of my friends out there may not have the same belief in God that I do, but please continue to pray for my little family. I am pleading for that. I know God hears our prayers, and even if you don't pray very often to Him, He still hears yours.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh Laura, I am so sorry! Our prayers and thoughts will be with you and your family during this hard and difficult time. Your dad sounds like an amazing person!

Kirstin said...

Laura I don't even know what to say- just know we love you and we can't wait to hug you. Our prayers and thoughts are never far from you. Prepare your heart and your mind friend. Please love on your Mom for us and beg your Dad to give Hazel a hug for us.

Brooks and Mandy said...

Oh Laura! I dont have the perfect words to say and I wish i could take this all away. I know you and your dad were so close. It is easier for one to say this but it does not make anything better Just try to take comfort in knowing that he soon will be your guardian angel and will be with you even more than before. You know we love you and we are here if you need anything. Call me when you feel like talking! I dont want to bug u! Love ya lots

DancinnAnna said...

Laura, My prayers are with you and your sweet family. I am so sorry for this trial that you are experiencing. Hold on to your faith. GOD is in charge and everything is for a reason, even though it never makes it easier. I love you and am praying for you and your family.