Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Peace at Last

I don't even know how to begin this post. I guess the only way is to just come out with it. My dad and my friend went home this morning at about 2am. He passed away peacefully, and is now at rest. I can't imagine what the reunion with his mother and father must have been like. I also asked Heavenly Father to have a few other people there to greet him - my Uncle Steve and our special little friend Hazel. I can only imagine the joy and happiness that must have been in that place in that moment.

There is a lot of love in this family. There is a lot of peace right now in this family. We've had a lot of angels on this earth that have attended this family through this last trying week. I miss my dad so much that it hurts inside. I called him for every little thing. But I know that he is with the God who created us all.

My heart hopes that all who knew and loved my dad can use this experience as an opportunity to draw closer to that God who created us all. I have no doubt that we have a Heavenly Father who anxiously waits for us to call on Him. He knows us so intimately. I love Him, and am so grateful for that knowledge. I know that we can all have that same knowledge and that God wants us all to know that He lives - that my dad lives.

Lastly, I am grateful for a father who humbly lived his life in such a way that all those who were associated with him knew that he KNEW. It is my hope that we can all honor my sweet father by drawing to closer to our Heavenly Father. That's what he would desire most.

I love you, my daddy.

7 comments:

Ackerman/Mejias Family said...

I'm so sorry for your pain. I know how you feel. So many mixed emotions... I'm happy you were there and are now with your family. We are here for you! God bless

DancinnAnna said...

Laura, I am so sorry for your loss at this time. The emotions are high and mixed. I love you and your sweet family. My GOD be with at this time and always.

Sally said...

Laura, I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I love you so much. I am so grateful that your faith is so strong. Please know that I am thinking about you constantly. I wish I could give you a huge hug!

emilymakin said...

Laura,

I am so sorry for your loss. You are such a wonderful person with such amazing faith. I know that the love of our Heavenly Father will be there to comfort you at this difficult time. Please also know of my love for you and that if you ever need anything I am here.

marcia said...

Laura...I'm so heart-broken for you. Take comfort in knowing that your tears of sorrow were tears of joy for Heavenly Father as he welcomed your dad. Keep strong, lots of love. xxx

Kirstin said...

Laura I am so sorry for your loss. I know your Dad has finished the course God set for Him, and with a lightened heart and a peacful mind, has gone ahead to be encircled about in the arms of Christ's love. I know you have your own guardian angel now who will never be far from you or your family. Thank you for allowing Hazel and us to be a part of this amazing experience. We love you!

Angela said...

Laura, my heart aches for you and my family has you and your family in our prayers. Thank you for sharing these beautiful, spiritual, and personal blogs. As always, you are such an inspiration to me. You speak of your father's faith, I know that is something he has shared with and taught you well. I love you.