Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Dad's Progress

I don't want to sugar coat the situation, but we get so excited about the smallest things around here. For example, his right side of his brain was the side that was damaged, so he technically shouldn't be able to move the left side of his body....and sometimes he does. They tell us that it is just the nerve impulse reactions - however, we still get excited.

My dad has had some great visitors. He sure has a lot of people that care about him. Three of his bosses from work came by yesterday, and so did a woman she works with - Christy. One thing my dad has always loved is the work he does. I'm sure seeing those people would have made him happy. He has a lot of respect for those men. He would be humbled by the love they showed to him, and for the amount of concern and respect they have for him. My dad.....what a guy. One of his bosses said my dad was the most dedicated worker he knows. That was no surprise to me......that's my dad.

Otherwise, dad is about the same. He apparently should be doing more than he is, but we are believers in miracles, and there is peace in whatever happens.

3 comments:

Ackerman/Mejias Family said...

We are so happy that you are able to be there with him! Anything at all... give us a call

Carrie said...

I am so sorry to hear about your dad! I am glad you could get out here. I would love to help if you need anything! We miss you guys!
Carrie Headley

Sally said...

I am so glad that you are updating us all, even with the small updates. We are still praying for you and your dad. LOVE YOU!!!!